Good Morning everyone! Are you at that point where every time you’re scheduled to make a new post, you think, “What am I going to write about this time?” I’ll be honest, I’ve been struggling lately. I seem to wait until the last moment to come up with a post idea.
Don’t get me wrong, I have the best intentions. I have a social media calendar and a schedule that I try to keep to for posting new content. Not only does life seem to get in the way sometimes, but you hit a roadblock to coming up with new content. I’ve been researching this for myself lately and I’ve come up with the top 10 ways you can find fresh content to use for your blog so I wanted to share it with you:
1. Brainstorm for Ideas- Every morning, set aside 10-15 minutes to brainstorm for 20 new content ideas for your blog. Then review them and choose the best 2 or 3 ideas and use these to create posts.
2. Top Blog Posts- Go over your older blog posts and find the top 5 posts in follows, views, or comments. Then take those topics and either expand them out or break them down into more in-depth posts.
3. Top Social Media Posts- Do the same thing with your social media posts…select the top 5 posts in follows, likes, or comments and expand them out or break them down into more in-depth posts.
4. Use Your Pain- Take a look at what you’ve been coming up against in your social media marketing that has caused difficulties. What have you learned about this that you can share with others in a post?
5. Go to Your Readers- What are you readers interested in? What are their goals, needs, wants, and obstacles? Take these issues and use them for new post ideas.
6. Blog Categories- Make a list of categories for blog posts and then write at least 5 ideas under each category.
7. Guest Posts- Connect with other bloggerds and ask them to write a guest post.
8. Hot Topics- See what your peers and readers are talking about on social meda and create posts in that area.
9. Ask Questions- At the end of each blog post, ask questions of your readers. Then take their responses as inspiration for new posts.
10. Your Passion- Post about something that you’re passionate about. Your readers want to get to know you as a person as well, so remember to talk about what you love sometimes.
Have you struggled with finding new content in the past? I’d love to hear some of your ideas for finding new content as well!
Want your children to read more?
Download your free copy of "10 Ways To Get Your Child To Read More"