Good Morning everyone! I hope your week is going well and you have plans to enjoy the last days of summer! I love getting together with friends and family to relax and enjoy each other’s company. One of my favorite activities is a game night!
I know that it can be hard to try to plan a get together, especially when your calendar has been jammed full of events all summer. But planning a grown up game night with friends and family will allow you to relax and recharge so that you’re ready for the busy holiday months ahead. That’s why I wanted to give you some great tips for planning your own grown up game night. I hope these inspire you to start planning one soon!
Inviting Guests- Planning a game night requires bringing the right people together for a fun-filled night!
- Some games have minimum player limits so you want to make sure you’ve invited enough guests to play the games that you choose for your game night.
- You don’t have to have formal seating around a dining table in order to enjoy a game night with friends. Use your coffee table and add pillows and blankets to your living space so everyone can gather around and enjoy the fun.
- Have a basket by the door so everyone can place their cell phones in them and have an “unplugged” night. And if your guests are worried about missing an important call, have them turn their ringers up so they will still be able to hear their phones. This will make for a more engaged evening.
Food- Whether you decide to go the sophisticated route or just the fun casual one, you can plan a delicious menu your guests will love!
- Plan a special cocktail for the evening’s fun that your guests can enjoy. You can even plan to have a non-alcoholic version for the designated drivers or those who don’t drink.
- Consider serving hors d’oevres to make the evening refined. Gourmet flatbreads, flavored popcorn such as olive oil and sea salt, parmesan and herb cheese spread, or even caprese bites will take your party to the next level.
- You can keep the food simple and include some game night favorites such as chips and dip, pizza bites, and party meatballs.
- Don’t forget to sweeten the evening with a delicious dessert or two. You can plan an ice cream sundae bar so everyone can create their own special treat.
Games- Plan out some fun games your group will enjoy all evening long!
- If you have a large group, consider having a couple of games going at once so smaller groups can interact together.
- Here are a few of my top games for your next game night:
- Cards of Humanity
- Exploding Kittens (my favorite!)
- Speak Out
You can also check out my previous blog post of Favorite Classic Board Games for great game ideas.
I hope you’re excited to plan your next game night! You can see that planning a great grown-up game night can be fun and easy! I’d love to hear your ideas on a grown up game night, so please comment below to share your favorite tips and tricks. And don’t forget to share this post on your social media sites so your friends and family can take advantage of these ideas as well!
Want your children to read more?
Download your free copy of "10 Ways To Get Your Child To Read More"